1015 Deer Street
In this class with Artist Penny Rubow, you will explore two different methods of underpainting and how they affect your pastel paintings. During the class students can expect to work on at least two paintings. Your finished products could make great Christmas gifts!
Materials provided will be:
- one 8.5” X 11” sanded Uart paper
- one 8.5” x 11” rigid surface (gatorboard)
- sample of pastel ground
- sample of Golden Acrylic Flow
- sample of Gloves in a Bottle
- latex gloves
- Nupastels used for underpainting, brushes and denatured alcohol
- Piece of tin foil for ‘dust catcher’ under board
Students will need to bring:
- Pastels — Bring whatever you are comfortable working with
- Pencil, pencil sharpener, gum eraser
- Backing board for clipping/taping paper or surface to
- Portable easel if you have one
- Soft rags (old tee shirts are GREAT), paper towels (Viva towels are best), masking tape
- An apron or just wear old painting clothes!
Tuition for the class is $45.00, this includes both sessions.
Students registered for this class will be notified if the workshop has to be cancelled due to low interest. If cancelled, all tuition will be reimbursed. Last day to register is October 14, 2017.
PASTELS: Undperpainting to bring your Pastel Painting to life!