Did you know…
August is American Artist Appreciation Month!
Each day in August, we will highlight an American Artist on our Facebook page.
While there are so many to choose from, we’ve painstakingly narrowed the list down to 31. Among those selected are well-known artists such as Georgia O’Keefe, Norman Rockwell and Andy Warhol…and some not so well-known artists too, such as Barnett Newman, Alma Thomas, and Jeff Koons.
We hope that these little highlights will inspire you and instill in all a little appreciation of the work they do and have done over the years.
We encourage you to comment on the posts…share your thoughts about the artist and their works and if you know any tidbits or trivia about the artist featured – well, yes, share that too!
Here’s a few things you can do to celebrate American Artist Appreciation Month
– Visit an art gallery. Take a moment to research the American Artists they have on display.
– Admire their works. At home on the internet or in a book or in a gallery or art exhibit.
– Learn about them. Google “American Artist” and see who all comes up? You might be surprised!
– Choose an American Artist and study their works and their techniques. Try your hand at recreating some of their works!
– Learn about the artists in your community? Are they “American Artists” – born and raised here or did they move here from another country? What kind of work do they do? Where are their works on display? Find out what you can do to support them!
– Share your new found American Artist knowledge with someone else. American Artist Appreciation Month is not generally a topic of discussion – make it a part of your conversation! Find out which artists are their favorites…share something about your favorite American Artist!